This Regulation covers participants in MOBILE SIFF, an event of the Shanghai International Film Festival.
Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF) was ratified by the State Council of China, and is one of the FIAPF-accredited non-specialized competitive worldwide film festivals. MOBILE SIFF focuses on multi-layered and multi-angled explorations of new directors. It aims to exhibit films of high quality in order to enhance exchange and cooperation between China and the rest of the world, and explore new broadcasting media outlets for the films.
Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF) is held every June in Shanghai. The 16th Shanghai International Film Festival will be held from June 15 (Sat.) to June 23 (Sun.), 2013.
The Organizing Committee of SIFF will select short movies from the applicants for the competition and screening in MOBILE SIFF.
Short movies for the MOBILE SIFF should be no longer than 30 minutes.
- There are three competition categories: Feature, Animation and Documentary.
- The Organizing Committee of SIFF will choose 15 short movies from Feature, 5 short movies from Animation and 5 short movies from Documentary, 25 short movies in total, to join in the final International Competition of MOBILE SIFF.
- The nomination list for the International Competition will be announced on the official website of Mobile SIFF (www.mobile-siff.com).
- International Competition: the Organizing Committee will invite three internationally recognized film experts to form a jury, who will assess the 25 films that have entered the International Competition, and the winning films will be determined by a jury vote. The Jury should have no relationship with the nominated films.
- For International Competition, the Organizing Committee will select one winner for each of the following awards:
- Grand Short
- Best Director
- Best Script-writer
- Best Performance
- Best Feature
- Best Animation
- Best Documentary
- Jury Special Award
A certificate and a bonus will be awarded to each winner.
The Organizing Committee will select a certain amount of high quality short movies from the submitted short movies to organize screening events in the cinema in Shanghai during the Shanghai International Film Festival.
- All participants must first register at the official website of MOBILE SIFF, at www.mobile-siff.com, and complete on-line registration. The deadline for entry is April 30, 2013.
- All applicants should send a DVD to the organizing committee’s office in standard or high definition format.
- Meanwhile, please upload one or more photo(s) of the director and stills of the film according to the unified size required by the Organizing Committee. The latter has the right to apply such photos and stills in the promotion of MOBILE SIFF. The minimum request on the photo resolution is: 1024*768dpi.
- After registering online, competitors should sign a letter of authority and mail it back to the Organizing Committee with shorts in DVD (one copy for each film). The film will not be qualified for competition until the DVD is received.
11/F, B, STV Mansion, 298 Weihai Road
(Please specify on the envelope “Not for commercial use-for cultural exchange purposes only“)
- For the convenience of the international judges, films subtitled in English must be provided and the complete English script must be provided to SIFF.
- All the application documents, including DVD, will NOT be returned to the participants. Please make sure you keep a copy before sending.
- The participant shall not withdraw his/her film for any reasons if he/she confirms an invitation from SIFF.
- NO entry fee will be charged for the selection process.
- Directors whose films have been selected or awarded (one director for each film) will be invited to participate in other activities in MOBILE SIFF and SIFF, including the Film Forum and the Master Class thereof, the award ceremonies of MOBILE SIFF and Asian New Talent Award.
- SIFF will provide complimentary accommodation during MOBILE SIFF for the directors whose films have been nominated.
- The invitation by the Organizing Committee is only effective to the person so invited. In case of any change please contact the Organizing Committee.
- Absence from the award ceremony of the MOBILE SIFF shall be deemed as a waiver of the award bonus.
Upon receiving nomination notice from SIFF, the selected finalists should send an additional copy in High-definition to SIFF for official screening purposes. The screening copy must arrive at the Organizing Committee office no later than June 1st, 2013.
- In order to promote the films in competition, all the application materials, including plot summary, photos and posts etc., will be published in MOBILE SIFF’s journal or other relevant promotional materials, including but not limited to the official website of MOBILE SIFF.
- The participants shall be liable for the authenticity of their application materials and the originality of films.
- In case of any infringement arising from the abovementioned materials, the Organizing Committee will not be liable and the participants shall assume all liability.
- The Organizing Committee will keep in touch with the participants mainly by email, so please make sure your contact information is valid.
- For purpose of competition, all the nominated films will be released on the official website of MOBILE SIFF in mobile device for people to watch on their mobile phones.
- The participants agree that, from the date their application is confirmed by the Organizing Committee, they authorize the Organizing Committee of SIFF to broadcast （including sublicense）their films in any medias. The license is valid until September 30, 2013.
- When the authorization period ends, the viewing link will be immediately removed from the official website.
- The participants agree that, the Organizing Committee of SIFF may make trailers of their films for broadcast on websites, TV, Mobile, or other media, for promotion purposes.
The participants shall independently be liable for copyright matters related to all the materials (including but not limited to music) used in the films. In case of any legal dispute arising therefrom, the participants shall be fully liable.
Upon registration for participation in MOBILE SIFF, it shall be deemed that you have acknowledged and accepted this Regulation. The producers, distributors or relevant organizations submitting the films are obligated to ensure that approval has been obtained from the copyright owner of such films, and they have the right to submit the films to MOBILE SIFF, failing which such producers, distributors or relevant organizations shall be fully liable for any dispute arising therefrom.
The ultimate right of explanation of this Regulation belongs to the Organizing Committee of MOBILE SIFF, an event of the Shanghai International Film Festival.